Thursday 12 December 2013

Elephants and temples

It was a day of elephants and temples at Ayutthaya near Bangkok.  

We visited numerous temples today and took a 40 minute ride on an elephant. My father was very keen for us to ride on different elephants but, in the event, it worked out ok to 'share' an elephant as we could still have photos.  Our elephant 'driver' who sat cross legged on the elephant's neck guided the elephant up to another one and gave our cameras to the driver on the other elephant.  Both elephants then backed up and each driver photographed the other elephant and passengers.  It was all very we'll done, if nerve wracking when my camera was left balanced on the elephant's head while the driver used my father's camera.   It was hard to restrain a grimace... And I was trying to smile!   It's a good thing that he hadn't tried to balance my father's camera in the same way.  I think he might have fallen off with shock!

No comments:

Post a Comment